Gresmanc Group reinforces its commitment to the environment by obtaining ISO 14001 certification
>> The firm adds this recognition to those already achieved, such as the ISO 9001 certification, for Quality Management, and other recognitions of an environmental nature, such as the Environmental Product Declaration (DAP).
The international standard UNE-EN ISO 14001:2015 establishes a series of requirements that a company must have in order to certify its environmental management system. Obtaining certification in accordance with this standard helps the Gresmanc Group to demonstrate its commitment to preserving the environment, environmental awareness and improving processes from the point of view of sustainability. To this end, tools and systems focused on production processes have been established, taking into account the effects or externalities that derive from the environment to reduce environmental risks.
This important milestone only goes one step further in the objective of carrying out continuous improvement in the company's management systems. Likewise, it supposes a series of advantages related to different actions that allow:
- Evaluate and control environmental aspects in operational processes.
- Certify compliance with the requirements demanded by environmental legislation.
- Use products that are not harmful to the environment throughout their life cycle, as well as the reuse or proper treatment of leftover materials.
- Consider the proposals of suppliers, company personnel and interested parties in order to reduce environmental impact.
- Develop all activities within a framework of environmental protection, in which the conservation of the environment is promoted in those areas where the activities are carried out, the rational consumption of natural resources, the efficient management of waste and the prevention of pollution.
- Position yourself in markets where there is a growing environmental awareness due to the demand that society exerts on companies to be respectful of the environment.
The certification has been granted by Bureau Veritas, this being an independent and impartial entity, with national and international recognition and accredited by the National Accreditation Entity (ENAC).
Other previous recognitions.
The new certificate is added to the one already obtained for almost two decades for the Quality Management System under UNE-EN ISO 9001:2015 and other environmental certifications applicable to products, such as the Environmental Product Declaration (DAP).
The Gresmanc Group R+D+i department is in a continuous process of searching for solutions that favor sustainable growth, care for the environment and the safety and health of people. In this line, the certifications obtained in recent years by the most important European laboratories stand out, accrediting the following properties in ceramic products for ventilated façades and flooring:
- Antibacterial effect – ISO 27447
- Self-cleaning effect – ISO 27448
- Decontaminating effect – EN 221971
- Antiviral effect – ISO 2170